The image below shows some tiles from ESRI.
This release contains a couple of fixes, new features and optimizations, such as.
- FIX: Don’t crash the About dialog when on MacOS.
- NEW: ‘AnalyticGrid’ – Creates analytic surfaces with ease from lat/lons with values, access with aggregate functions like min, max, sum, count, avg and median for each grid cell.
- NEW: ‘GeoNames Visualizer’ – A simple demo of the AnalyticGrid.
- NEW: ‘Update manager’ – used for plugin data updates.
- OPT: Remove bundled GeoNames data, use update manager instead.
- OPT: Separate each WMS source to a separate plugin.
- OPT: Colorized icons possible from the options dialog.
- OPT: Use tree based layer view along with a toolbar.
- OPT: Reduced file size.
- OPT: Improve the dark theme.
or as an image…
Get it from the download page.
Apache NetBeans 11.1, the tool which makes Mapton possible, was released earlier this week.
The next, soon to be released, Mapton will be based on the Apache NetBeans Platform 11.1.
Manage your data updates with the recently added Update manager.
The Update manager assists in updating data provided by the plugins, not the plugin themselves.
First one out is the GeoNames search engine database, which is no longer bundled with Mapton, instead, you will be prompted to install it if it’s missing and update if it’s old. As a result of that, the mapton.zip got reduced from 61 to 55 MB. 🙂
This is part of the Mapton API available to plugin developers.
As of today, Mapton now supports UI scaling.
It’s available in the development branch and in the new snapshot.
Start mapton with an argument like this:
mapton --fontsize 24
or edit your $MAPTON_INSTALL_DIR/etc/mapton.conf like this:
default_options="--branding mapton -J-Xss2m -J-Dnetbeans.logger.console=true -J-ea --fontsize 24"
fontsize 12 equals scale 1.0, so 24 will double it.
Even though it’s somewhat experimental, Mapton now has a “dark mode” available in the settings.
After a month of development it’s time to release the first update of Mapton.
Some of the changes since the previous release are:
- NEW: Time awareness. Display map objects at a specific point in time or in an interval.
- NEW: Photos. Display geo tagged photos on the map.
- NEW: Chart support. Display charts when clicking on a map object or similar.
- OPT: Reduced file size.
…and the usual fixes and tweaks
A ‘Chart window’ was just introduced in Mapton, the intended use is to display charts when clicking on a map object or similar. The chart can easily be fed with data or to be replaced with a very customized chart object.